4 Dec 2008

Slowly but Surely


Its been a while, but hey lots has been going on so I've had my hands full. Flux, Frost and Structure and Function are the three places I am currently exhibiting at. So I guess you can well imagine how stressed I have been. It's been a lot of fun too. After completing my Masters, Design Space has been my safe haven. Have been working here with 18 other designer makers and have been enjoying every second of it. We have all finally managed to put up an exhibition thanks to Clare Pardoe's relentless effort. The exhibition is currently on at the St Paul's Gallery and will shorly move to the Artfull expressions which is also in the Jewellery Quarter.

I was on air on BBC a few days back which was fun... Have been on TV before but this was my first experience at a radio recording studio. I really enjoyed it especially because the RJ Satnam Rana made me feel so comfortable. I almost felt like I was having a chat with her.

There was a tiny article in the Birmingham Mail today about my work and I surprised at how wrong they got everything... I did'nt come to the UK because of the School of Jewellery, I came here because of my dearest hubby ... anyways... I have learnt not to get wound up about what journalists write because the last time they made me the chief of design at Tanishq, thankfully Elizabeth was'nt offended :)

Some of my designs have also been selected by Swarovski and I am really excited to see the publication.

Anyways back to my work. I have developed a small rage of pieces using my technique to create pieces which are of a smaller scale... I think I have managed to keep the aesthetics intact which I am pleased about. The other thing I have tried to work towards is to use off cuts from acrylic vendors to create a range of jewellery. I like the idea of recycling plastic and the cufflinks I have designed and made are a result of this.

My website is also coming along quite well. Michael is to be thanked for doing such a wonderful job with it and keeping it updated. I still want a few changes to be made which should hopefully come about soon.

I am looking forwards to the new year which I start off with some skiing in the US which is then followed by a few interesting projects which I am currently trying to line up.

I think I am slowly finding a niche for myself in the UK finally . Its slow but thats what keeps me going. :)

1 comment:

Lucy Harvey said...

Hi, I just refound your blog!
I was a bit amused by that article too, it might not be accurate but it is a glowing review and any publicity is good publicity!