23 Jun 2008

23rd June




Today has been a useful day in terms of designing. I continued from where I had left yesterday. Creating rings that had interesting form and were created mearly by bending or folding one single piece. I had started creating explorations in paper as it helped me ideate in a clearer fashion. Here are some of the paper samples I have been exploring.


I then decided to create one piece in acrylic to make sure that I could execute what I had in mind. Although it took me half a day to make this ring, I am quite happy with the end result. I still need to work on a few details but at least now I know that my concept works. I have used an opaque orange acrylic sheet for this ring. However for my future pieces I would like to use hand dyed coloured acrylic and laser ingrave it to add to the detail of the piece.

No comments: