19 Jun 2008

Marketing advice from Mathias

Yesterday was a really interesting day for me. Matthias who is a friend of Michael's and is a sales and marketing manager for Bentley cars came over to Birmingham to meet us. He generally comes from Berlin to UK quite reguary and it was nice that we could meet up last evening. We dragged him with us to the BCU Fashion show at the Millenium point which he clearly really enjoyed. At the end of the show he gave some really good advice on how I shoud go about with marketing my pieces. I was luckily wearing one of my brooches which I showed him during our conversation. He really liked it and said that his wife Patricia would love to wear something like that. He kept asking me how much the piece cost and if I had another one. Unfortunatey as these are my work in progress pieces I did not have another one. So I took the piece I was wearing and handed it over to him. He said that Pat had oads of friends who would be interested in buying things like them which were fashionable and unique. He said he would show the piece to Pat and see what response she has to it and once she wears them see the response her friends have to it. This got me very excited as I would ove to know what people think about my pieces and how peope in Germany would react to it. Althought the fittings were not made to perfection it is still wearable. I cant wait til he calls me this weekend to tell me about Patricia's response. Of course as I promised Mathias, once I finish my course I'll have a finished piece ready for Patricia to own!! It will be some good piece of information on the market I can collect and is a starting point for my future business.

No comments: